What We Believe
1. We believe in one God, creator and ruler of all things, infinitely perfect and
eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:1, 26, 27, 3:22; Deuteronomy 6:4: Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9-11; II Corinthians
13:14; I Peter 1:2;)
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead after three days to demonstrate his power over sin and death. He ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of God the Father, He is now our high priest and advocate.
(Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5; Acts 1:9; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13-14; Hebrews 4:14-15)
3. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, convict humans of their sin and need for Jesus, and regenerate those who place their faith in Christ. He indwells every believer to provide understanding of spiritual truths, guidance in doing what is right, and power for godly living. He further gives every believer spiritual gifts for the building up of the body of Christ.
(John 14-16-17, 16:7-14; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16, 12:1-7; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 1:13, 5:18)
4. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God. They were written by human authors under the perfect supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is therefore truth without error and is the complete revelation of God for faith and life.
(Psalm 19:7-10, 119:1-5; Proverbs 30:5-6; Isaiah 40:8; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21)
5. We believe that all people are created in the image of God, but each person has inherited from Adam, the first man, a “sin” nature. This “sin” nature separates every person from God and causes each person to fall short of God’s perfection. The “sin” nature of each person can only be remedied by salvation through a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
(Genesis 1;27, 3:1-19; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 1:18-32, 3:23)
6. We believe that salvation and reconciliation to God can only be accomplished through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. All who place their trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior and turn away from their life of sin are truly regenerated. Regeneration is an instantaneous act that begins the moment a person consciously receives Jesus by faith.
(John 1:12, 3:3-21; Acts 4:10-12; Romans 5:1, 6:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 1:21-22; Titus 3:5)
7. We believe that because God gives eternal life through Jesus Christ, that the true believer is secure in their salvation for all of eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of any person.